Saturday, October 28, 2006

Truth? or Kindness? You? or Him?

It has come to my attention that one of the things readers like to focus on when they read my blog is: WHO is she talking about?

I may be referring to someone particular. I may be making the character up from various aspects of real people I have known. I may be referring to someone I once knew.

But what is more important, for me anyway, is that I hope that I am talking about thoughts and issues that are not common to just 'my' life.

So.... when I write about a man I don't want to see again and whether the best course of action is to tell him why.... or let him down easy.... the question is not WHO am I talking about.... the question is: is it best to tell the truth or be 'kind'? Which is actually kinder?

If it were YOU I was talking about, what would YOU want? It 'could' be you, you know. Or maybe not. Probably not.

No comments: